So I get to my bus stop. Just missed it. Drats. See a bus coming from the other way-yay! Now I think I've addressed this before, but my bus is the 313 - Allen Parkway Special. The odd thing about this is we never once touch Allen Parkway. We turn a corner where it looks like we may be jumping on it, then we do a quick turn and go to a side road. I guess someone at Metro has a sense of humor. It comes, I jump on the bus, and realize I'm the only person on (as typical). So we go about 2 blocks, then I notice that we are just sitting. Not at a stop sign, not at a light, just under a tree, hangin' out. We stayed here about 5 minutes. When I asked why he said it was because we were on a schedule. Welll....I beg to differ buddy. I've never met a Metro bus in Houston that was on schedule. I think he needed to rest his eyes.
My view for 5 minutes
We finally depart and after work I trek over to the bus stop for the ride home. This is typically my favorite part of the day. If the crazy bus woman is on my bus, it's guaranteed fun. As usual, I had to wait for my bus to arrive. Clearly they don't have the same bus driver's commitment to scheduling. Since it was still in the low 30s, and I had no jacket, I stood by a doorway that had a view of the street. Now, when most people saw me standing by that door, they realized it was for a reason. Because I was cold, and because to open that door, you have to push a button (it's supposed to be a handicap door) and wait for it to slowly open, then slowly close. So, the smart people walked 2 additional feet to their left to go to the other door, and I thank them for that.
The 2 doors. As you can see they are perpendicular to each other
(is that right? I was never good at Geometry)
Win, thanks dude
Win, thanks lady
Fail, you are lazy
I hope to get back to my roots and start riding the bus much more in the future. Until then, I will try not to bore you with any more food blawgs *COUGH COUGH BRITTANY O'BRIEN** :)
No comments:
Post a Comment