Tuesday, December 13, 2011

2011 - Year in Review Part 3

July:
In July we set off to the shores of Galveston for my good friend Shannon's bachelorette party. Shannon is getting married THIS WEEKEND and I know it's going to be a really fun and beautiful wedding - I can't wait! We had a fun weekend dancing with the locals, eating seafood (that's hopefully not still contaminated) and drinking lots of wine celebrating her final days as a single lady.


August:
I don't think I did anything this month. You know why? Because it's hot in Houston ALWAYS, but especially in the summer. The drought was so bad we were actually praying for a hurricane, with no luck. Since we're in the middle of the heat wave, why not play in a kickball league where you sweat your brains out and the only storms you get are dust storms? Great idea! We actually made it into the playoffs which was very unexpected. Besides, everyone knows the point of kickball is to socialize at the bar afterward, right?!

 Our motley crue team, Your Mom Socks (to be renamed Buntin' Uglies in the winter season 2012)

Stratergizing with my co-captain

September:

Made a return visit to one of my loves - NYC - for Labor Day weekend. This was another "I found a cheap flight somewhere awesome want to book it within an hour" kind of trips. Love it. My friends Alex and Bella had not been to NY for a while, so it was a lot of the obvious touristy things: the Met, Boat Basin Cafe, Central Park, Union Square, Wall Street, speakeasy, eating awesome food. These 2 girls are definitely the best travel partners you could ask for.


Just chillin in a hammock int he middle of the East Village...probably a bums. 

Nearing the end of the year! Next time we'll revisit my HS reunion, and a look into Drew and my December trip :)

1 comment: