The arrival of October was quite a relief, as there is a work project that I work on pretty much all year, that comes out in October. This was the 3rd year I've worked on the project, and managing it in its entirety is quite the undertaking. There are many legs to this project and it can be interesting (well, at least it is to lawyers) so I've enjoyed it (mostly). I also got a promotion at work so that made it all worth it! Here's my plug for it again: visit the video I produced here.
Just 2 weeks before the work project was finished, I had my 10 Year High School Reunion aka "Good God I'm getting old and not really sure why I have to pay to come see you people that I've been stalking on Facebook for the past 5 years." It was really nice to catch up with old friends, and even more fun to talk to people that I didn't hang out with in high school.
Predicting the future!
Drew and I at my "I'm old" reunion
November:
The 2 big take aways from November were a visit to Austin for the UT/Tech game and Turkey Day. Since we just beat OU, I predicted a huge loss. It's kind of our thing. And I'm pretty sure we lost big... too bad we left at halftime because it was already depressing enough, so I'm not sure the outcome. In keeping with Austin's theme, this was my attire to pick up breakfast on Sunday. I didn't see anything weird about it.
I went home for Turkey Day and even though my brother was unable to make it from Florida, we had been home a few weeks prior. Every Thanksgiving we take our family Christmas card photo. I can't recall a single year where there hasn't been complaining about some aspect of it. I guess it's kind of our tradition and it keeps us sane (although that's arguable). Anyway, here's an example of what goes on during our photo session.
Me, demonstrating the "arm out" pose, brother making fun of me, sister laughing because Chance is making fun of me. Sibling love right there.
December:
We're just halfway through the month, but here are some things that I'm looking forward to this month.
1) Alex and Bella's Annual Crazy Hat Holiday party - this was a blast last year and I'll have a post on this soon as it was last weekend. Fun times.
2) Lights in Heights
3) Shannon and Bryce's wedding - this weekend - yay!
And last but certainly not least, Drew and I leave for our Christmas vacation on December 23rd. We'll be stopping in Barcelona first for a few days, then over to Dublin so Drew can hang out with his peeps, then an 18 hour layover in Amsterdam for NYE. Hopefully I'll be able to post while we're there. WEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
So that's my 2011 birds eye view! I hope everyone else had as exciting, fun filled year as I did! I don't see how 2012 can possibly top this year!
No comments:
Post a Comment