This morning I was chatting with a guy who is always at the bus stop with me in the morning. We typically chat about the crappy weather (we're polar opposites: he hated the "arctic freeze" and I loved every last second of it) or the late bus, but today we got to one of my favorite topics: crazy bus stories!
As you know, I've had some problems with good bus stories since I moved and got on this new bus line. Everyone is professionals and there is rarely a crazy. Luckily, this gentleman raised my spirits. He told me stories of a blind man that used to throw his stick in the middle of the road, and when people came to help him, he'd ask for money. Turns out, he was just putting special contacts in his eyes to make them appear glazed over!
There is also a woman who wears ski jackets...in July. I promise to be on the lookout to capture this in photo form.
There is also a woman who I typically see in the afternoons on the way home, a coworker and I call her Negative Nancy. She only wears turtlenecks, wears white socks with all shoes (sandals inclueded) and is super rude to all bus drivers. I've seen her get on the bus and yell at them for being late, or point out that the bus is not clean when there is a piece of paper on the floor. Needless to say, she's a delightful character.
Maybe this line has some hope after all!!
No comments:
Post a Comment