Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Some rather boring ride(s)

As many of you know, I recently moved. My old apartment (and old bus line) was the inspiration for starting this blawg in the first place, so I owe many of my favorite first Houston memories to that bus line. That's when I met the dreadful "banana woman" for crying out loud! I went from having at least 1 or 2 stories daily to now scrounging for similar stories to entertain you all with! I've even seriously contemplated driving my car, parking at my old apartment, walking to the old bus stop, and taking my old bus line, JUST to have some good stories! I mean, that is my level of committement to you guys. My bus lines are seriously night and day. A typical morning now consists of yuppy business professionals who sit in their seat quietly, read a book or their blackberry, and thank the bus driver as they are departing. BOOO-RING!

So, my plan of action is to stir some things up a bit. Maybe I'll try to trip someone as they walk by. Maybe I'll try to eat a whole McDonald's breakfast on the bus. Who knows? I could get pretty crazy with this...

Tomorrow I've decided to focus on my "new bus line" rather than dwell in the past. I've already seen some things that make me shake my head. But I got to thinking...you know how when you think and pray for something that you really really want, and then you get it, and then you realize that it's not what you wanted at all?? That's kind of how I feel right now. It's like that country song, "Unanswered Prayers" I think Garth Brooks was speaking to me when he wrote that song....

Peace out cub scouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment