Monday, January 11, 2010

Houston Blawgin

My friend Kate (you know her as Freight Lady, although you might have forgotten about her, since she never guest blawgs anymore) and I were talking this Sunday about the direction of this blawg, and a few things that were going on during the weekend. I was shocked to hear that the Houston Rockets were playing the New York Knicks on Saturday, the Houston Bridal Extravaganza was held and Bob Marley's band was coming to the House of Blues, all on the same day, and I knew of none of this!

I realized that there is really no single location to go when you want to find out what's coming to H-Town, or something out of the norm to do for the weekend. Thus, I've decided to take on that challenge. I'll now be blawgin about broadway shows, concerts, farmer's markets, networking events, social events etc etc etc! I hope that this helps those of you in Houston find some new and exciting things to do.

Of course, there will always be the much anticipated Bus Blawg, if applicable :)

Like for instance, today, I was running a little late (or the bus was early) and my driver stopped at the bus stop and waited for me to get to it after he saw me walking towards it. And that with a bus full of people! I almost had tears in my eyes.

1 comment:

  1. J - to assist in your newly found mission - here's one source for you - http://web.hermesemessenger.com/dmd/public/newsletters/present/issue645/default.html

    T

    ReplyDelete