Friday, January 21, 2011

A Trip Across the Pond - Day 3

So unfortunately we have arrived at day 3 of our trip across the pond. I can't tell you how many people were shocked when I told them I was doing a "weekend in London." Well see, that's just how I roll (and we found cheap tickets, had a free place to stay, and I got a bonus that morning from work). But really, I like to think that's how I roll on a daily basis.

So, day 2 ended at 5:30 a.m. Sunday night/Monday morning. You remember the story of the (not) gay Irish West End dancer who told me I had a great core, right? Anywhoo, after our 4:30 a.m. badly wrapped kebab, we stumbled back to our flat and passed out....for about 6 hours. Up and at em at 11a.m. - this was our last day, we had lots left to do. But, we wound up settling for sandwiches at Marks & Spencer (which were actually quite tasty, and for a sandwich, crisps and chocolate it was only 7 pounds!) For the record, I love that they call chips: crisps. I mean, it makes sense right? In the UK they don't have Lays, they have Walkers. The bags look eerily similar, so I'm sure there is some IP litigation going on about that (I work at a law firm, I think about these things). So, Walker's has some interesting flavors...
Yes, you did see Prawn Cocktail on there.

Then on to the Tower of London! To be honest, I didn't really know too much about the Tower, but it has so much history and great stories. It also holds the Crown Jewels (aka the bling bling) and includes a 530 carat diamond. Slobber. 

I (once again) don't have any great photos of the Tower, or at least any I can pull off my CVS account, so some professional shots will have to do until Alex uploads her photos (which include some amazing jumping ones, btw). These professional shots basically look like mine anyways. 

Tower Bridge - which is commonly mistaken for London Bridge (you know the song)

I promise more and better photos next week! Ta-ta for now!

1 comment:

  1. Lay's (known as Walkers in the UK and Ireland and Chipsy in Egypt) is the brand name for a number of potato chip (crisps) varieties as well as the name of the company that founded the chip brand in 1932.

    ReplyDelete