Thursday, January 27, 2011

There is another me out there

I know. Scary, right?

While doing some light internet browsing over my lunch break, I stumbled upon another blog that made me stop in my tracks....

Apparently, another (assumingly) normal female in Houston takes public transportation....and blogs about it! I love the fact that while my blawg mostly focuses on the public bus (and also highlights other cities modes of transport) hers focuses solely on the light rail. The light rail runs through downtown, midtown, the Med Center, Rice up to Reliant (great for rodeo time). I've taken it quite a bit, and must say the characters that take the light rail are as crackheady hilarious and entertaining as bus riders. There is one main differentiator though: the light rail doesn't technically have someone to monitor who pays and who doesn't to get on, so I have a feeling a lot more crackheads hilarious people take the light rail. On the bus, they have to sweet talk their way past the driver, which is apparently not too difficult since I see it happen all the time.

Anyhow, support this girls blog, it's super hilarious. She also writes a column for CultureMap. Maybe she and CM will let me be a guest blogger! This made my day.

Today on the Light Rail blog



No comments:

Post a Comment