First, I'll be departing on what I call a "big girl plane." Many of you know about my fear of flying. Well, if 19 hours (roundtrip) in a plane don't cure me of that, I don't know what possibly can. Plus, since we're flying Elite status, I'm imagining the inside will look something like this:
Oh wait, we're in coach? Ok, so something more like this:
Upon arriving at Heathrow, we'll have to take a train into the city, which is a bit away from London proper. So, we'll be taking the Heathrow Express. From there, we'll take the Tube (have ALWAYS wanted to take the tube!!!) to where we will be staying. I'm excited about taking the tube, and I'm sub-excited because I get to "mind the gap" and use an Oyster card. HOLY MOLY I'M GETTING REALLY EXCITED NOW!!
THEN, when we're not minding the gap after using my oyster card in the tube (see what I did there?) we'll take a taxi or 2. The taxi's in London are black, which is weird, because the black "taxi's" in NYC were sketchy and should be avoided at all costs. So this will be something I'll have to get over. That and not freaking out because they are driving on the left side of the road.
I'm sure you all share in my excitement about my impending trip, and I can not wait to share my photos upon my return!




Can't wait for the awesome jumping pics! Have fun!
ReplyDelete