Thursday, January 20, 2011
My telephone, m-m-m-my telephone
Now not to fret, this posting won't take the place of "THE BEST TRIP I'VE EVER TAKEN - DAY 2" but I thought it interesting enough to warrant a post. After all, it is my blawg and I can do whatever I want. London will come later.
An interesting thing happened last night. I was out at dinner (steak night, duh) with some friends, and I received a phone call from a number I didn't have in my phone. I assumed it was a wrong number and ignored it, and a minute later my voice mail indicator beeped. Hmm...a voice mail from a stranger. This could be fun. So I checked it on my drive home. Interestingly enough, it was a message from a boy I met recently, asking me out on a date. No big deal, right?
WRONG!
In this day and age, cell phones, texts, BBM's, emails, Facebook messages and posts are my generations standard form of communication. Recently, Facebook beat Google as the most visited website. I found it interesting that people are more curious in seeing status updates from their friends than online research. I, of course, am guilty of this. I have Facebook on my iPhone, so that I can view it at work. Lord forbid I go 8 hours without knowing that John is having enchiladas at Cyclone's today! But I digress.
I guess many of us have accepted the fact that this is how many of us, including with the opposite sex, communicate with each other. I've been asked out on dates via text before, and had arguments over email, so I'm just as guilty as the next person. I just found it surprisingly refreshing to hear the voice of a man on the other line, calling to ask me out. Maybe chivalry isn't dead after all? Am I the only one that thinks this way?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Good boy! I like him already. Send me his name so I can FaceBook stalk him :)
ReplyDelete