It's been a while. I've missed you and all that jazz. I've been kinda busy. Since last post: new job (I think, has it been 1.5 years?), new house, new car, new dog and all...but still same hairstyle! (EAT THAT, Kate!) :)
Anyhow, I thought I could use this spot as a place to keep some of the updates to share with my family all over the place. Since buying my first place in March in what I call "Taco Heights" (more on that later) I've done quite a lot already. It was pretty move-in ready to be honest, but there are always things you want to change and personalize.
For starters, it's a 2/2/1, 1300 townhouse with a tiny (read: nonexistant) backyard, 2 stories, it comes with a WASHER AND DRYER (my first in my adult life to have in my actual own home!) and they left a pretty sweet outdoor grill - score!
First thing that attracted me to the place was the HUGE master bedroom, closet and en suite bathroom. The room is seriously the size of my old NYC bedroom (except my closet has a window, unlike my "bedroom") it has 10 foot ceilings and wood floors all upstairs.
I also really like the location. As I mentioned it's in "Taco Heights" and I call it that because there are obviously amazing taco stands all around. And the Mexican farmers market. And the Mexican bakery. And etc etc. My townhouse community isn't gated, but it has about 90 townhouses on 6 streets, so while it's extremely quiet, I still feel extremely safe.
Ironically, 3 days after I purchased it, I went to Mexico for a bachelorette party. That silly universe.
So here are the updates that I've done thus far that I'll be tackling on the blerg over the next few days (but more like MONTHS HAHA):
- Paint every square inch of the inside from doo-doo brown to 50 shades of gray
- Update master bath, including changing single sink to double, new lighting, new floors, new vanities etc
- Update guest bath, including all of the above, round 2
- Update kitchen backsplash
- Paint all trim and doors downstairs
- Build deck for backyard
- Update light fixtures from terrible 80s track lighting, dining light (note: be sure to pick most difficult light and request the light to be moved over 14" on the ceiling so that dad has a fit about it)
Here's a sneak peak of the outside. I'll try to tackle the paint tomorrow!
Signing day!

No comments:
Post a Comment