My place is 2/2 but for some reason, the master bath actually opened directly into the guest bath....ummmmm no. So, first I wanted to put drywall up to close it in and make it truly private. Then, I wanted new floors. Then, a new vanity, and remove the mirrors, and new light fixture, And double sinks. NO PROBLEM!
First issue: I'm a bad designer/decorator. So trying to coordinate the entire look was kinda difficult. I think it turned out fine. And although my floors are really, really purdy, I probably wouldn't go the white tile route again (Tip 1....no brunettes should, actually).
So here's where we started:
Old vanity with almost no storage, single sink, yellow, beige floors, door to guest bath (WHAT?)globe lights, full wall mirror, medicine cabinet. Overall, yucky.
Basically how I lived for 2.5 weeks. Tip 2: get a more reliable contractor than I did.
Some bad lighting
New lighting (thanks, Papa Schwartz!)
Got a hidden plug underneath my sink so I could store my hair stuff - THANKS PINTEREST!
New floors, new paint, new vanity (from Amazon!) new mirrors and lights. Exactly as I wanted it to turn out!!
You know how everyone always says when you create a budget and timeline for a project, basically double both? Yeah, they're right about that. And I still have another bathroom to go!
Next up: the guest bathroom (just some minor stuff, but it's waiting for you to visit!)
Paint every square inch of the inside from doo-doo brown to 50 shades of grayUpdate master bath, including changing single sink to double, new lighting, new floors, new vanities etc- Update guest bath, including all of the above, round 2
Update kitchen backsplashPaint all trim and doors downstairs- Build deck for backyard
- Update light fixtures from terrible 80s track lighting, dining light (note: be sure to pick most difficult light and request the light to be moved over 14" on the ceiling so that dad has a fit about it)






No comments:
Post a Comment