Thursday, January 22, 2015

Goodbye Juan

Dear Blawg fans (do I even have these anymore?),

It is with great sadness to inform you that I recently learned of my neighbor Juan's (aka window display Juan) passing. Not many details except that it was unexpected. I hadn't seen him in a few weeks but didn't really think much of it as he would sometimes go on trips for weeks at a time. Anyways, I was very sad to hear about this as Juan and I had become better friends recently, and he was such a special part of this blog content. Probably even more than what was going on in MY life.

I remember people messaging me asking about Juan if I'd go a few weeks without a post. My dad would even ask about him when he called. "How's the job? How's the car? What's in Juan's window?" Juan was delighted when I told him how much people looked forward to his displays. As an ex-art teacher, he found joy in expressing himself through art. He was never without his huge signature smile, always had a story to tell and a laugh to share. I know that many of you will miss him too, so I'd like to pay a small homage to Juan Sanmiguel from Laredo, TX the way he would want it - with a look back at some of his best window displays.



Ode to bricks
 "Homies" display
 Christmas display
 Election Day
 Fast food
 Muppets
 Kate admiring Juan's work
 His trip to Egypt

RIP JUAN!!!!!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment