My cousin Ryan made the mistake of telling me I should come to Charleston sometime. An hour later, my friend Alana and I had a flight booked and itinerary sent to him. I don't joke around with my travel.
Neither of us had been to Charleston, and really had zero idea of what to do/expect. Turns out it's an adorable little town, pretty small in general, very walk-able, tons of bars and restaurants and shopping, near the water...and a free place to stay to boot!
Charleston is on the East Coast, meaning it has East Coast time. Duh moment #1.
First impression of Charleston at the airport...super impressive...
We got in late Thursday so got up on Friday ready to conquer the city! He lives a few blocks away from King Street in downtown which has all the food/shopping/bars you'd ever need, and at the end is the water and an outdoor market. But first, food! We found this cute little place:
That night, as it would turn out, our OTHER cousin (Brad)'s wife was in town wedding dress shopping, so we met her for and her fam for a drink. Fam + future Fam!
After an awesome dinner and in bed by 9pm after reading the Bible (hi dad!), we awoke to a nice day for a boat ride! Uh, until you hit a sandbed and get stuck for about an hour. Duh moment #2
Finally got unstuck and went to a beachy bar to watch some football, eat lots of fried mac n cheese, and lots of adulting. Duh (but purposeful) #3
I whined to Ryan that we couldn't get a reservation at Halls Chophouse, one of the most well known and awesome steak houses in Charleston. Ask and ye shall receive, as we got a table front and center that night with a group of his friends!
Cuz and I at Halls. Thanks again Ryan for a fun weekend in Charleston!







No comments:
Post a Comment