Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane! It's....

Fulbright Window Washers!

I was walking to my office this morning from the bus stop, and looked up to see this. My office has these "window washer" guys that hang out on this incredibly unsafe looking steel thingy (I'm sure it has a proper term besides steel thingy). No on knows what they are doing up there, because they are always drilling and pounding into the building and not washing windows. You couldn't pay me enough to be up there, 52 stories in air! In a meeting yesterday, the ropes were flinging around everywhere with the wind, and the steel metal thingy that they were on kept hitting the building. Scared the living beejesus out of me! Here is why you will never find me on one of those things:


That is the guys, all the way up on the 52 floor. Apologies in advance for the fuzzy image, this was taken with my phone's camera, not my fancy new zoom camera :)

AND THIS is what is holding these guys in place:


I tried to capture the best I could, but yea, what you see is 2 men holding on to the ropes (badly, I might add). These guys' lives are in their hands! No thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment