Friday, November 6, 2009

Sixth Ward Sparkle

Yesterday, Kate and I ventured over to Sparkle Burger for a quick burger fix. Kate lives near the place and raved about it, and I wanted to try anything that came out of a 6X6 trailor looking edifice, so off we went.

First and foremost you might ask, "Where does one come up with the name Sparkle Burger?" Well I think it's pretty obvious that it got its name from the sparkly shoes dangling from the telephone wires above:

Michael Jackson's shoes?

We arrive at 12pm on the dot, and were suprised to see a pretty big line of folks waiting around the shack. We got up to order, I embarassingly tried to ask for Swiss cheese on my cheeseburger (I could hear Kate groan at this point) and was told they only had American. Ok then, plain hamburger and fries for me! Oh, can I get a fountain drink too? A coke? Nope, all they have on "fountain" is Kool-Aid....insert joke here.

You can't make this stuff up.

So I get my bottle of coke, Kate orders, and we get our number. Please note that our number is on a purple sticky note. The class just keeps on comin....



My review:

Cons-We waited for 45 minutes for 2 burgers, swatted away over 435 flies and had to drink the Kool-Aid (well at least Kate did)

Pros-Pretty unique place to take out of town visitors who like American cheese, Kool-Aid, pretty solid onion rings.


1 comment:

  1. No comment about the burger? They're known to be one of the best in town! The "ambiance" is just to add character to the place. Mosquito's add to the flavor.

    ReplyDelete