Monday, November 16, 2009

Goin' Green in San Fran

This weekend I ventured out to San Francisco to visit my bud Tristan. We had a rockin' weekend. I think that this is partly due to the new forms of mass transit I got to see. California is a very poor green state, especially San Francisco. The city is known for its cable cars/trolleys that go to most of the tourist destinations. I took the cable car to Lombardi Street (Tristan, I'm renaming it) and got off to explore!




Another interesting difference between Houston and San Francisco buses is that a majority of SF buses are Zero Emission buses. They do not use gas; instead they are powered by the cables that you see all above you on the street.



Hot Mess



Bus!

Almost everyone takes the bus. I think Houston could learn a thing or two from this city!

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment