Anywho...Juan has a new window display! He has recently begun typing up a description giving a background on the display, which I appreciate. I have yet to determine where on earth the Juan-imal is storing all of his items. We have come to the conclusion that he must have a storage space off-site, and we wish that the show Storage Wars would feature him at some point. Enough babbling: to the window display!
Corn husk?
Batman!
Nudey!
Scattering of items....
The note!
In case you're interested in what the letter says, with my comments in italics:
Plaster-Paris Sculptures...Part 1 (OOOOOOOOOOOH that means there are more parts!?)
This window display has sculptures I collected over the years from students that did not want them after they were graded...! (No shock there)
These are just 41 pieces which are simply magnificent....!
Most have their names and the year. The earliest one from this group is 1982.
This is Part 1 of about 8 parts documenting what I collected from students for decades...
...the 1970s, 80s, 90s and 2000 (thank you for specifying the decades)
... two schools, Marshall Jr. High and Davis High School (shout out! Now I know where to not send my future kids)
... 3 or 4 generations of students
...one neighborhood: Northside
...one Teacher
Other displays will be acrylic paintings on canvas, paintings on cardboard, drawings, wire sculptures, large sculptures 5' to 10', Faberge Eggs, t-shirt designs, park designs for METRO, photos of students working thru out this period of time, log carvings, designs burned on wood...(this does not seem like the safest of art classes)
Students work done before the electronic age, computers special effects...show struggle, darkness, insensitivity, impatience and questioning the importance of individual artistic potential...! (I don't think potential means what you think it means)
My super main goal is to show all this in an Art Gallery sometime in the near future...!? (WHO CAN HELP ME MAKE THIS HAPPEN HOUSTON!?)
No definite name for this exhibit, yet, but I am leaning to something like this "The Art and Imagination through the eyes and minds of Northside Art Students...!"
Thanks, Part II soon. (We await with baited breath)
No comments:
Post a Comment