Wednesday, May 16, 2012

An epic birthday celebration

**I started this post Monday night and the week got away from me...but better late than never!**

This past weekend we packed up and yet again headed to Lake McQueeny (thank you, friends of Drew's, for having super awesome lake houses!) This was a little different than a normal visit. It was a friend's 30th birthday, so in honor of a big birthday and the Olympic games this summer, they hosted "RoRo's 30th Birthday Beer Olympics" (to summarize, a full day of drinking, music, awesome food and yard games. Oh, and there was an egg toss and an obstacle race. Amazing) Each team of 4 was to select a country and wear an outfit for that country.

Since Drew is a huge fan of basketball/Michael Jordan, we were the "Country of Jordan" and wore all MJ  inspired attire, obvi.

 Team Mexico, Chile, Jamaica and Jordan in this photo....

Team Jordan! (2nd place overall, I might add)

We had "Special" people on our team

Emily and I might have gotten last place in redneck golf, but we got a gold in basketball (uhh duh)

THE most intense game of Jenga I have ever played in my life. We had an audience (not pictured)

Success! The best part about this was that we weren't even playing for 1st-3rd since we were in the losers bracket. Intense. 

I've officially nominated this girl's boyfriend to plan all future parties! It was a super fun time and we can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment