Feliz Navidad! Actually, that's Spanish...and they don't speak Spanish in Barcelona, it's Catalan. But close enough.
The departure of our trip was our first adventure. Since I'm a planner/paranoid, I decided we needed to get to the airport 3 hours in advance. In my defense, I had heard from other international travelers that the airport was packed and they almost missed their international flight when they arrived 2 hours early, plus we had nothing else to do. So, we get there 3 hours early. Breeze through security and everything in 15 minutes flat. Well. What else is there to do? To Fudruckers it is!
Two hours later we begin to walk to our gate. I notice our flight is delayed by 45 minutes. With that delay, it only gives us 15 minutes to get to our connecting flight to Barcelona, so I start to worry. Then it gets delayed another 2 hours. Now it's just plain impossible to make our connecting flight. Luckily, Jody (the gate agent I bribed with goldfish and snickers) was pretty quick about giving us the phone number to call to rebook. The rebooking woman found us a flight 2 hours later (more airport time!?) to Paris, connecting to Barca. Another terminal, another bar I suppose...
I typically don't have many gripes when I travel (I'll chalk it up to the ambien). But the flight to Paris had THE loudest kids ("Have we landed yet have we landed yet") and the flight to Barca had THE most annoying travel group from France practically screaming at each other when talking on the flight. We landed, and the excitement begins: we are in Barcelona, AND I get to use public transportation! For those of you that are not aware, I LOVE public transportation, especially internationally. Typically it is extremely easy to use and figure out and obviously the cheapest way to travel. So we took the train from the terminal to our stop at Paseig de Gracia. Thus beings day 1 of our trip, which I'll have more of tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment