Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Barcelona Dia Uno - Part Dos

We arrived in Barca mid-day, so we quickly checked in to our hotel (which was recommended to me by some friends who visited recently), freshened up, and got out the door to start our 3 day visit. I had heard the best way to familiarize yourself with the city is to get on the Hop On/Hop Off bus tour. So we jumped on a bus and started our route. We were already going to Sagrada Familia the next day, so we took the tour that went the opposite direction to places we might not see. Stops included the gothic quarter, olympic stadium, Camp Nou, statues around the city beach etc.

Although I'm pretty terrified of heights, we jumped on the cable car to Montejuic to see castle at the top of the hill. I'm not sure what the castle's name is, but I'm too tired to look it up. 

It had great views of the city, and it's where Drew first discovered his castle that he became fascinated with, Tibideo. After the cable car, we got back on the bus and just walked around for a few hours. 

We stumbled across Plaza Real, a quaint plaza, similar to a city center, that had restaurants, street musicians and most importanly, paela. After dinner we went back to the hotel to crash. We were still on Texas time and the jet lag was starting to set in.

I know this was a short and kind of lame post, but day 1 was pretty short because of our delayed flight and jet lag. Since day 2 is a full day, we needed to get a lot of rest in. See ya tomorrow for La Sagrada Familia and Park Guell!

No comments:

Post a Comment