Thursday, September 15, 2011

New Yawk Gals Trip

I can't believe it's been more than a week since I got back from NYC and I havent' blawged about it yet! Since the Snowpocolypse of December 2010 kept me from visiting the city, I was anxious to return and we made a gals trip out of it. Alex and Bella hadn't been since they were 15 or so, and wanted to see it with grown up eyes.

Lots of pics! While it looks long, it's just photos. And if you know me, you know I like schedules and agendas. I'm proud to say that we stuck to 87% of the agenda (some things just can't be helped) and we got to see most of the city, however it's near impossible to see it all, especially in 3 days. Return trip!

First off, no trip to NYC is complete without devouring as many slices of NY pizza as possible. Within an hour of landing we headed to Koronet's. They claim to have the biggest slice of pizza in NY, and nothing beats a $4 dinner!
 The pizza joint was located 2 blocks from Tom's Restaurant, which you'll recognize from Seinfeld. Although they actually never filmed anything inside, it's a pretty famous touristy stop.


Day 1 was "culture day" - so we went to the Met, had a hot dog on the steps of the museum, walked through Central Park, saw Central Park South, and finished with wine and cheese from Zabar's on their uncle's boat on the Hudson River. Pretty fantastic way to rest after a long day.

Zabar's spread:

Life is gooooood (and the Hudson only smelled a little....riiiiiight)
 

I have pretty friends-

Dinner that night was a place I found and heard about on the Food Network. A chef from a NYC restaurant RAVED about this pasta with a rabbit ragu. So, of course I had to try it. Unfortunately, I have to admit that I wasn't overwhelmed. Perhaps it's because I don't like rabbit? (recent discovery) But everyone else got it and liked it. I guess my pallete is just too sophisticated....

Drinks at a speakeasy - Death & Co.
 Last nights dinner at 'Inotecca - LOOOOOOOOOVED.

 Lasagna with some fancy name.
 Light beers at McSorley's - 2 at a time!
Holy Basil - best Thai Food ever
 Pad See-Ew (but not eww, yum!!)
And as luck would have it, our flight was delayed a few hours back to Houston on Tuesday. Airport delays calls for beer from straws, is what I always say!

No comments:

Post a Comment