Friday, September 30, 2011

Adventures in Healthy (& then completely unhealthy) Eating - Round 3

I had a busy kitchen last night! Since I am not the world's best cook super, duper bad at cooking, I always like to do an initial test run before introducing my creations to the world. Last night I decided to tackle 2 things that I've been wanting to try: Balsamic Chicken Drumettes (recipe courtesy of my healthy chef friend Lindsey) and individual chocolate cheesecakes. Completely random, right? Welcome to my brain.

The drumettes were pretty easy. Gather ingredients, soak in a plastic bag for 24 hours, put in oven. Boom.

I have to admit, these were pretty delicious. I know there wasn't much to it and there are tons of ways to make these, but let me have my moment, k?!

On to attempt # 2. Baking. I like baking. It's pretty straight forward and you typically always have the same ingredients, with slight variations. So, I decided to go all out this time and make my favorite desert: cheesecake. And not just cheesecake: chocolate cheesecake. AND not JUST chocolate cheesecake: individual chocolate cheesecake! Triple the ambition level right there. 

Step 1: gather ingredients, pull out blender that hasn't been used in months, stare in awe at all the new ingredients in front of you, decide ahead of time that you are ok with failing on this challenge. 

This is not even near all the ingredients or utensils that were needed.
Apparently the cracking on the top of the cheesecakes is pretty normal. And let's face it, for my first time attempting this they look good!? I haven't ventured to taste them yet. They were a little hard when I felt them last night. Aren't cheesecakes supposed to be fluffy and creamy!? Ugh.


No comments:

Post a Comment