Friday, September 30, 2011

Kickball - Season in Review

I can't believe it's been 2 weeks since I bragged on my kickball team! Two Saturdays ago, Your Mom Socks (plus a few replacements so we didn't have to forfeit) showed up at a blistering hot field and gave up our entire Saturday all for the love of the game for league playoffs. Well, the love of the game and the TV's showing the football game, plenty of beer and jello shots, flip cup tournaments and food trucks. We don't know the meaning of slumming it.

While I don't have actual photos from the games (I was afraid my cell phone would implode on itself from the heat) I do have a few photos from the season. I think we ended 5-5, and impressed everyone (including ourselves) in the playoffs. Determined to be eliminated in the 1st round, we surprised ourselves to a 5-6 victory over the orange team, before barely squeaking by the dark gray (team dry fit) team to head to the semi-finals. Losing in the semi's to the black team, (but really winning, since we got to get out of the sun and pour ice all over ourselves) was bittersweet. Next season we'll be back with a vengeance, as "Buntin' Uglies" takes to the field again!

 Please shade your eyes from the nasty color we were forced to wear. 

WAKA for life!

No comments:

Post a Comment