Thursday, September 15, 2011

Adventures in Slow Cooking - Round 2!

I've been meaning to try more recipes in my slow cooker, but I was still paranoid about leaving it on while at work, even though a wise person told me it wouldn't burn down my place. So I decided to try another super easy recipe on Tuesday. I have a few obsessions in life, and Bodacious BBQ is one of them. It's just the best BBQ and sauce on the planet. Don't even try to argue with me. I will unfriend you. So anything utilizing the sauce is a winner automatically in my book.

Since I literally had 2 minutes to put something together on my way out for work, I threw frozen chicken and covered it in BBQ sauce and put the lid on. DONE! When I got home at 6 that night, all I had to do was pull the chicken apart, slap it on a bun, and voila! It actually smelled so good, I didn't have time to take a picture, because it was gone instantly.

Ingredients: chicken, BB sauce
Directions: throw chicken into cooker, slather BBQ sauce on it, put lid on and set for low for 6 hours. Boom.


I was so wiped from slaving over that slow cooker all day, here was my dinner Wednesday night. Ah well. You win some you lose some I guess.

Since we're around this weekend, I plan to try at least 1 more recipe, and hopefully this one will be a bit more ambitous.....

No comments:

Post a Comment