Wednesday, July 13, 2011

It's National French Fry Day!

I just found out that today is National French Fries Day! What a glorious day! When I was growing up, I would eat nothing but french fries. I remember my dad telling me that I was going to turn INTO a french fry, and specifically thinking: wow, I hope that happens, because then I would have access to a french fry 24/7, and eat off parts of my body that I don't need, like my toes. (I must have drank paint thinner as a kid).

This announcement caused me to wonder: where is my most favorite french fry from? For some reason I always remember the truffle fries from Hotel Icon downtown. Maybe today I'll have a little taste test....


As it turns out, since it's 7/13, it's also a day that Houston celebrates (well, at least our local rap station does...) since our main area code is 713. (Creativity at its finest).

This may go on my top 5 list of most favorite days of the year. My list is as follows:
#1 - birthday (duh)
#2 - rodeo cook off weekend
#3 - the first day in London (Jan 2011)
#4 - (I'll reserve this one for something uber cool in the future since all the others are taken)
#5 - French Fry Day

No comments:

Post a Comment