Monday, July 25, 2011

As I mentioned in my previous post, on Friday I packed up and headed to Galveston for my wonderful friend Shannon's bachelorette party. After a lovely, non-trafficky drive on 45 South, we got to the hotel, quickly changed and headed to the bride's room for some vino before heading to dinner and out on the town!


The bride after sake bomb #1. No she isn't sitting sideways, I just can't get the photo to turn.

Afterwards we went to "The Strand" and had dance off's with the locals.  Shannon showed off her sweet dance moves. I have photos, but I think she'd kill me.

We spent ALL DAY Saturday at the San Luis pool. After I was adequately pruned, I got out of the pool for a few minutes, only to have my (very white) friends try to convince me Lil Wayne was there. Don't get me wrong, San Luis is a nice place, but Lil Wayne isn't visiting Galveston and hanging out there. He convinced my friend Shannon that he was another rapper, Wacka Flacka (?) and a few of the girls went to hang out with them in their cabana (i.e. get free drinks). If anyone should know who a rapper is, it's me, and since I had never heard of Wacka Flacka, I lost interest. Then we found out Steve Francis, former Houston Rocket, was there too. Interestingly, this news had just come out about Steve-o. We promptly made our way to the exit.
 

All the gals <3 Shannon!
Saturday night was a bit tamer as we had a long night Friday and long day Saturday. Shannon got tons of cute lingerie items and had enough tequila rose to put her out of commission for a week or so. Success!

I finished off my weekend with a trip to Soma (crazy irishman, remember!?!), a movie, and an early bedtime (I'm 97 years old). Since this is the "year of weddings" with my friends, I have plenty more bachelorette parties to look forward to! I'm exhausted just thinking about it...but wouldn't them for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment