Monday, April 11, 2011

Mr. & Mrs. Smith!

On Thursday, I continued my "see how many weekends I travel out of Houston" mission by going to Austin for my best friend's wedding. Our hotel was downtown (read: close to 6th street) so we took full advantage of that by going out Thursday night with whichever bridesmaids/groomsmen were in town. We had a full schedule the entire weekend, but it was all great QT with the bride-to-be. On Friday after the rehearsal dinner we went to the hotel bar to see some friends who arrived later in the day, including Piper Rebecca White.

Something that should be simple but never is: getting the AXO letters in order.Tara and I were not invited to be a part of this photo, so we made our own photo in the back.

I expect to be bombarded with photos from the wedding very soon (especially since I befriended one of the photographers early on) but even though I haven't seen any of the official photos, I'm already in love with this one. This photo is really indicative of the couple's personality and humor and the wedding weekend as a whole. Zeke's father married them, and Zeke had him change the ending where they typically say "I now pronounce you man & wife" he instead said "You can now officially change your Facebook status." So unexpected, and obviously so funny.

  
Mr. & Mrs. Smith!

I couldn't be happier for my best friend as she married a wonderful man, and they threw one heck of a party! Additional photos to come!  Congrats Kate and Zeke!!


1 comment: