Monday, December 14, 2009

Lights in the Heights!

I've heard about and wanted to attend "Lights in the Heights" my entire Houston life (all 16 months of it) so this year when my friends Tara and Steven hosted a party for it (and just so happened to live on THE most happenin' street) I had to attend to see what all the talk was about.



Griswold House

Turns out, it's a pretty sweet block(s) party, hosted by a few streets in the historical heights district (think adorable little bungalow homes for $400k). People have bands, lawn parties, shot blocks (well, at least we did, but we're a different breed), and everyone just roams the streets looking at all the decorations, makes new friends and rocks out to fun bands. Unfortunately I left my camera at home so don't have any pictures of Tara and Steven's place, but it was decked out pretty nice.



Not Tara & Steven's

I loved how everyone was walking around the streets, and how for a minute, you felt like you were in a small town, not the 4th largest city in the U.S.

A big thank you to them for having everyone over and hosting a fun party. We also got to meet their adorble puppy Oscar, a goldendoodle.


Stand in Oscar for visual effect

For anyone whose never been, I highly recommend LITH for next year! I'm definitely going to make it a tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment