Monday, October 26, 2009

Pretty easy to impress

Today, while waiting for my bus, I saw one of the cooler things Houston has to offer. Seems our garbage men are just so lazy busy, they can't be bothered to jump off the truck's back side, pick up the plastic bins or the bags on the sidewalk, and throw them into the back of the garbage truck. HELLO, that's like 3 steps! So instead, and since Houston is obviously on a budget surplus, we have these hella cool garbage trucks instead. I sat and watched this thing in fascination. A photo doesn't do it justice, however it was starting to sprinkle and I didn't want to ruin my new camera.


Awesome-est garbage truck ever!

Now unfortunately what you can't see is that the right side of this thing has these 2 arms that reach out and grab the trash cans and raise them up and dump the trash in on top of the vehicle, then it places them down "gently" as evidence by the 2 mutulated bins you might see on the side of the road. This thing either has sensors or eyes of its own, either way it is so cool it had me staring at it all the way down West Dallas.

I hope one day you all can witness this!

1 comment:

  1. Goes to show you haven't lifted a stuffed garbage bin. :\ Those things are hella heavy.

    ReplyDelete