First up: Austin!
Four Seasons Austin. Guess it'll do...
I was there for work (an all day meeting and then a 1.5 day client conference) so it wasn't ALL fun and games, but I did try to get away from the hotel when I could. Like seeing my cousin Anthony!
We had dinner at the super amazing original Uchi. It's a sushi place now in Houston, and every single thing on the menu is amazing. And we practically did eat every single thing on the menu.
Something with yellow tail, yuca chips, almonds. It was amazing.
The famous brussels sprouts. They are flash fried in some fish oil sauce so they are crunchy and are like crack (side note: someone asked me why I always say that when I've never done crack so therefore have nothing to compare them to. Just cuz it sounds cool, k?)
A very happy cousin after the meal. (By the way, in response to all your text messages and facebook posts, he's taken ladies)
The real reason for being in Houston - our annual health law event.
I drove back to Houston that night and had a super early (4:00am) wake up call in order to catch my flight to NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW YOOOOOOOOOOOOOORK!
Look who I ran into! My dear friend Tristan, owner of Tristan Around the World and dear friend from my NYC days who I keep in touch with and visited in Poland a few years back (and apparently did a super crappy write up of that trip!)
Tristan and I with our stolen sign. He's a klepto, that one...
A not so nice sign in NYC, but what would you expect?
A snow day! They got 8 inches of snow, and people were still functioning, cars were still on the road, people were still working....HOW DO THEY DO IT???
Touristy stop - saw a live taping of the Late Show.
No matter how many times I go back, it never gets old!











No comments:
Post a Comment