Remember my birthday celebration where the place I wanted to go so badly didn't serve food outside? Yeah, that place. Well I finally made it back to Brooklyn Athletic Club and actually had a whole meal of food this time!
For those of you who haven't been, BAC is a fun little (seriously, little) restaurant with a huge outdoor area. You know us Houstonians looooove outdoor spaces at bars. And I believe they now have a food truck back there (way to come up with that ingenious idea AFTER my birthday).
Anyhow, we went, we ate. The porkobucco was AMAZING and I think I ate more of that than my own dish. We only had time for 1 photo op, because it was that quickly devoured.
Later that week, in my attempt to be healthy, I made some salmon and veggies. Now, that doesn't exactly scream flavor and yum, so I put it on a pretty plate in the hopes that it would make it more cheery and tasty (read: it does not). It was actually so meh that I ate less. So, that's kind of like a diet right?
For the July 4th long weekend I'm heading to Austin and hope to visit some restaurants I've been dying to try, or maybe a few food trucks and holes in the wall. I don't know! I don't know if we'll have enough time!
Happy 4th, ya'll!
.bmp)

No comments:
Post a Comment