Friday, June 21, 2013

My birfday, seeester graduation and FPSF

April is probably the most important month of the year because it's my birthday. And this year was the big 3-0 so it was even more terrifying special. I'm not one of those "OMGI'm30whatamIdoingwithmylife" kinda people, but it definitely is a milestone. I can't tell you that I feel any different being 30, but it's probably because I've tried to block it out of my mind. I swear when I tell you I'm 29 it's accidental.

Anyways, being 30 and all, I didn't want any fussy, over the top or sloppy birthday celebration. Instead I opted for a few close friends at a bar that I had been wanting to visit for a while because they had a great outdoor area and awesome food. Turns out you can't get food outside. Fail 1. But I did get some cake snuck out to me. Delete fail 1. And I got sloppy. Crap.

Here are a few pics of the very mature, 29+1 birthday celebration.



And then I went out on Saturday night and got sloppy again. Go figure.

Fast forward to the next month where little seeeeeeeester graduated high school. Becca and I are prety much polar opposites. She's super smart, quiet, low-key and ambitious (pre-med, ya'll!) and I'm a wine-o. It works for our family dynamic.


 Spelled her name wrong on the cake. Looks like someone didn't go to A&M!

 Can't wait to visit her in College Station! (She's so pumped about it!)

Friday night, graduation.
Saturday night, House of Cards marathon (Seriously, watch it).
Sunday, Free Press

I left The View Sunday and was able to fit in 1 day of Free Press Summer Fest. It's this amazing music festival held every June in Houston, because that's when the weather is so perfect? It's definitely one of the things I love about Houston and look forward to every year. Artists from this year and previous that I've seen include: Snoop Dogg, Bun B (see a trend?), Girl Talk, Calvin Harris, Flaming Lips and other really cool (read: hipster) bands. It's set in the park right outside downtown so you can see the downtown skyline.




 3 in a row! Are you guys pumped about all these updates or what?


1 comment: