Wednesday, January 30, 2013

January month in photos

**Disclaimer: this is how you know I'm really lazy, when I just slap a bunch of photos here. But the guilt of not blogging for a while has finally overwhelmed me into doing this.

January was quite the month!

Early Jan, it was my dear friend Victoria's birthday. We had a fun and yummy dinner at a great place in Rice Village: Cafe Rabelais

Another sweet friend's (and coworker Becca) birthday at Club No Minor (don't judge).
Complete with fancy fiesta headband and all!

 Celebrating Brittany finishing the Houston marathon.
Also watched the Texans get spanked by the Pats (again).
 Fast forward a week or 2 for a work trip to DC! This is the 4th or 5th time I've been to DC in 2 years, mostly for work, but each time I get a new experience. This time I scored a room at The Willard Hotel (pretty fancy), and then got to spend the weekend with my bestie KMFJS of Mr. and Mrs. Smith Go To Washington. More on that later.

 My $57 room service meal consisting of "ah" glass of wine, some chicken, about 4 potatoes and some carrots. Sensible, right?
 My dream job - working for the FBI! 

 
 Made it to the Smith household on Friday! First order of business: dine at Ray's the Steaks. We went last time I was in DC in April (after a day of wine touring, mind you) and all I have thought about the last few months was their mushrooms, so we went back and they were ah-mazing. 
 
  Kate was eager to show me her new juicer (which she showed us at 2am on Friday....). I believe this is Kate making me fresh squeezed orange juice on Saturday morning (note the Aleve that she probably crushed into my drink). They're on this "juicing" kick and the OJ was tasty!

Since I've done lots of the touristy stuff in DC, and we went to wineries last time, we decided to run (ahem, walk/jog) from Arlington to DC, walk around the National Mall area, and just overall enjoy the day. Which was really pretty and cloudless, which Kate and I just could not get over. "I mean, where do clouds hide when they aren't showing in the sky?" Deep thoughts on KJ/Tessica walks.


Kate and I scored tickets to the Inagural Ball on Inauguration Day! Note our large and in charge wine glasses. The lines were too long so we just bought 3 glasses at a time. #keepinitclassy
 


POTUS and FLOTOS walking right past our office.

Port-a-potties EVERYWHERE in the city.

Back in Houston, I am SUPER excited because one of my besties, Gina (aka Guns due to a iPhone correct years ago) moved back from NYC! Guns is a previous roomie, close friend and one of my favorite dance party partners.

I took her to some of the bars in Montrose area last weekend. I apparently need to re-learn biology 101 as I stood in front of the bathroom doors not knowing if I was a "XX" or an "XY" Luckily Gina is pretty smart.

I also did some drunk online shopping and accidently bought a new dining table. WHO DOES THAT?


Phew what a month. Off to Austin today for work!






No comments:

Post a Comment