Friday, March 30, 2012

My Lithuanian doppleganger

You know you're in for a good story when you get a call from Lithuania at 4:00 a.m. Lithuanian time. 

My good friend Tristan (you remember him from my trip to Poland/Prague/Amsterdam in April) is the epitome of a world traveler. The man has seriously been everywhere you have heard of, and everywhere you have never heard of. He also writes a pretty cool blog.

Tristan was with his friend Jess Conway (who was with us in Amsterdam, I met her in NYC and she currently lives in London) in Lithuania. I was on my way to see Hunger Games (and totally nerded out the entire time) and got a call from a random number. It was Jess and Tristan, clearly up to no good, telling me how they had just met my doppleganger, and she was very rude! (Sorry, guys!) Anyways, I had forgotten about it until Tuesday when they posted photos of her/me. I will say, she does look like me from the side - must be the bangs - but we do not have the same taste in guys.

For those of you who may not be familiar with the term "doppleganger", here's a quick definition: 

In fiction and folklore, a doppelgänger (German "double walker") is a paranormal double of a living person, typically representing evil or misfortune. In modern vernacular, the word has come to refer to any double or look-alike of a person.

Basically, it's someone who looks exactly like you and freaks others out. A good example is Tina Fay playing Sarah Palin. One of the best doppleganger's I've ever seen. 
And here's the Lithuanian version of yours truly: 

Eww, Lithuanian Jess, back off, he's ugly!


I guess it you looked closely, only at the right side of her face, at 4am in the morning at a bar, SURE, it looks like me.....

1 comment:

  1. You went from really rude one night to really slutty the next, and all it took was a yellow track jacket and ugly hair.

    ReplyDelete