Monday, March 26, 2012

"UUUH I work out!" - LMFAO

Because I am lazy and despise the gym, I decided that I had to get off my tush and do ANYTHING, so I decided to test out a studio right across the street from me (because convenience is one of my main factors of working out). My friend Kate had recently tried something in DC called the Bar Method. Houston didn't have the exact same type of class, but it was really similar: Define Body & Mind.


Now typically I hate the type of studios where you "relax your body AND mind" kinda crap and breathe and sing koom-ba-ya together at the end, but I went once and really loved it. There are 3 locations in River Oaks, Tanglewood and Energy Corridor, and they have tons of class times. I'll warn you though - even if you go every day like I do,  you will still be so sore you can't sit for 2 days. But a good sore, if there is such a thing...

About Define:
DEFINE your balance with Houston’s most transforming and reenergizing workout studio.  Come experience our signature barre exercise class combining Pilates, yoga, barre work, and core strengthening: DEFINEbody and DEFINEmind will strengthen and lengthen your entire body.

What they don't tell you:
Stock up on Lululemon gear, or feel like a complete outcast in the room as everyone mentally shuns you and your Target gear.

$86 for workout pants? Sure, that makes sense

No comments:

Post a Comment