Monday, August 1, 2011

Analytics/Weekend Recap

So according to Google Analytics, which tracks visitors to my blawg (yes, of course I track you! Big sister right here!) Friday's post on "Why I need a Filter" was my most popular blawg to date, just slightly edging out "Don't Eat Bananas on my Bus." It's nice to know that you enjoy seeing me embarrassing myself. What kind, thoughtful friends I have. Moving on...

I have a really bad memory, so I forget things all the time. I'm talking in a matter of minutes. So if I meet you, and then see you 2 days later and don't remember your name, you probably aren't very important it's because of my memory, I swear. So I've been documenting my weekends via iPhone pictures. This phone really does change your life. It serves as my memory! So, according to Mr. iPhone, here's what I did this weekend:

Drank Belgium beer: 
Ah yes, I remember this. We finally went to Broken Spoke Cafe (a little Belgium dive restaurant), and as part of my meal, they had a Belgium beer flight. Although slightly warm, the beer was tasty.

Ate mussels:
Broken Spoke is known for their mussels and frites, so I got a sampler of 18 mussels (sounds like a lot, but they're small). My favorite was the blue cheese mussels! Yum yum.

Saturday night we went to a surprise party for my friend Naveed. I didn't know anyone at the party, but Naveed and his girlfriend Sara are in med school, studying to be surgeons. So. If you have friends that will be surgeons one day, you go to their parties. It's just understood. Not only that, but it was a "kid-themed" party with bubbles, noisemakers, a jump house, popcorn, cotton candy, jelly shots in an orange....seriously, what more could you ask for?

Sunday was one of those "craaaaaaaaaaazy Sundays"! We went to breakfast and then I bought some new kicks. They have gel inside so are SUPER comfortable, but more importantly, they are Drew-approved. Which is kind of like having the Pope bless you. It's just necessary.

Wall of water:
I finally visited the water wall by the Galleria! I've lived here 3 years and have never gone to this. God, I'm lazy. I'm obviously also too lazy to turn my photos the right now. I hope you do not blame your neck cramps on me.

I beat everyone at bowling: 

I finished an already stellar weekend by beat Drew AND his father at bowling. Drew's sister basically would have beheaded me if I didn't beat Drew, so I'm sure glad I came through.

Now wasn't that an exciting look at my weekend? I know you were all on pins and needles waiting for this. As a side note, I had many more interesting photos to post, but can not figure out how to turn them to not be sideways. Any help??

1 comment:

  1. Must be some really nifty beer to not spill like that *and* do sideways waterfalls, and the horizontal jump! OMG!

    ReplyDelete