Adventures in cooking continued last night! I love watching cooking shows, especially Barefoot Contessa, and I'm always scribbling recipes on scrap paper (or my hand) to remember to try them out. Many of BC's recipes can be quite challenging, but the baked fontina recipe looked easy enough, and it's basically ALL CHEESE. I could live off cheese. It's easy enough, and really tasty! I think next time I make it I'd use no olive oil, since the cheese is naturally oily, and you can see the spots of oil in the pan. It was also an excuse to finally buy a cast iron skillet. I didn't realize how much work cleaning the dang thing would be though! It was like a 7 step process so it doesn't rust! But, it makes magical items such as this:
Cheesy ooey gooey deliciousness
Here's the overall spread:
This weekend we're in for a treat...we were invited to a weekend at a nearby resort. Now, granted, it is in Conroe, but we're getting wined/dined/spa'd/golf'ed/lazy river'ed to the max.
The highlight of the weekend will be visiting Chez Roux, who has the only Michelin-star rated chef in Texas. My foodie friends tell me that is a big deal. So bring on the steak, Chez!
Hope everyone has a nice and relaxing weekend!
Looks delicious Jess!! And book the scrub/wrap at the spa... you'll be glad you did!
ReplyDelete