So! It's Houston Restaurant Week(s)! What started out as a week quickly became 2 weeks, then finally ah-what-the-heck, a full month! $2 of every lunch and $5 of every dinner benefits the Houston Food Bank. So a full month of scrumptious, delicious, not as expensive food for a good cause! Participating restaurants (and why would you not, it's the best marketing ploy ever!) offer $20 lunch or $35 dinners with a pre-set menu. Some restaurants skimp and only have the items they are trying to get rid of and aren't as popular (which is totally obvious), but many are good sports and offer their best plates!
Since this is a great opportunity to try out a bunch of new places, I might have be slightly ambitous. On Tuesday we went to Masraff's and I was pleasantly surprised! They offered this awesome risotto which I guess rivals my own, ribeye and a crazy wulu fish that was pretty awesome. The kicker was the molten chocolate cake. Gets me. Every. Time.
Gimme!!!
Others that I already have a reservation for are:
Mark's
Brasserie 19
La Griglia
Mockingbird Bistro
Shade
Are there any gems that I'm missing? Not that my wallet could handle it, but maybe for next year!?

No comments:
Post a Comment