So I've been itching to make some travel plans lately, researching places I've always wanted to go and sights to see. Then I decided to take my query to Facebook, and asked people where their favorite non-U.S. places to visit were. One place that was at the very top of my list was Thailand, and numerous people said it was their favorite, and as it turns out, a friend from my NYC days (friend of a friend of a friend, don't you love those?) said she was planning a Thailand/China trip in December and would I want to join! A lot of times when you ask people to do something like this, they say yes but never follow through. Well, this is how I wound up in Peru. And Poland. And London. So, I told her I was in (and meant it).
This is exciting for many reasons: 1) it will be my 4th continent (trying to get all 7, but not exactly sure if I'll ever make it to Antarctica...) 2) I've always been intrigued by China; although they block Facebook there! Umm, maybe i'll reconsider that one.
We could probably do a whole week or 2 in just Thailand, but I think we might move around and see Cambodia, Vietnam and China. We're still fleshing out the details, so if you or anyone you know has ever been and has any suggestions, PLEASE forward them my way. I promise to give you a shout out.

No comments:
Post a Comment