Thursday, February 17, 2011

In the Naaaaaaavy!

Whenever I used to hear that song, I'd think of the flamboyantly gay semi-talented group The Village People. But the song now has a whole new meaning to me, as I'm heading this evening to Great Lakes, Illinois to watch my lil brother Chance graduate from Navy boot camp! It's a 6 week program, and he will leave soon after graduation for his "A School" (no idea what that means). I'm not exactly sure (as he probably isn't either) of what he'll be doing for the Navy, so we'll just have to see what the future holds. I'm very proud of him, and very excited for him as well. I think this will be a great new chapter in his life.


Naturally, I've spent the past few days thinking about the important things: 1) will he do a jumping photo with me in front of a ship; 2) how drunk can I get him since he has to be back on base by 9pm? 3) how many modes of transportation can I take in Chicago? (may be limited to the Metra) and 4) how much fun I'm going to have with my friend Geoff. Geoff and I knew each other in NY and although I've moved back to Texas and he lived in Hong Kong for 2 years, we've kept in touch fairly well. So we are going to paint the town on Saturday evening, which will include a visit to Weiner's Circle. Oh. Yes.

(By the way, I hope you didn't open that video at work, because it's totally NOT safe for work...)

No comments:

Post a Comment