Friday, February 12, 2010

My Valentine's Date

What better way to spend Valentine's Day than with your true love? For me, that would be Broadway shows (or off, off, off, off Broadway shows). It recently occured to me that I have 2 shows this weekend, coincidence?? I think not!

First on the agenda is Saturday night, where I'll get to see a really fun show that I've heard a lot about and wanted to see for quite some time: Stomp. It's a "unique musical theatre of choreographed percussion, movement and physical comedy" AKA - it's a lot of guys running around on stage making lots of noise. I think it sounds pretty interesting.

Fun with trash cans


10th longest running musical in Broadway history!

Although probably not as well known as many other Broadway shows, Miss Saigon is another great show that I've seen once before but excited to see again. It "tells the tragic tale of a doomed romance involving an Asian woman abandoned by her American lover. The setting of the plot is relocated to the 1970s Saigon during the Vietnam War, and Madame Butterfly's American Lieutenant and Japanese geisha coupling is replaced by a romance between an American GI and a Vietnamese bar girl."

All I remember from the last time I saw it, is there is one character who plays a pimp. I don't know why that sticks out in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment