Thursday, April 26, 2012

Back in the kitchen!

I feel like it's been a while since I've done a cooking blog...this could be due to the fact that I have not cooked much lately (I is smart). Tonight, my inspiration came from my bestie Kate, who just returned from her year anniversary trip to Belize. I had a lot of fun reading through her photos and commenting. One thing KJS and I definitely have in common is a love for food, a love for cooking (more of a like for me, but I'll take anything), and a good new recipe.

So, tonight's blog is dedicated to new recipes! And super easy ones, at that.

Her recipe for "Caribbean Fish" (I might have made that name up) that she ate in Belize:

1. Butter foil
2. Put fish on foil, season, put on veggies
3. Cover in sour cream/salsa mixture, add another dollop of butter, wrap in foil, bake until foil pops

Well, I had plenty of butter, but what I did not have was plenty of veggies or salsa....or sour cream. So my improvise was: add corn from a can, green pepper, cream cheese. Sounds about the same.


Then I decided to finally attempt a recipe I found on Pinterest for "copycat Olive Garden alfredo sauce" Now I realize the irony in making a healthy fish entree with this heart clogger, but just go with me here. It was pretty simple: heavy cream, parm cheese, garlic powder, cream cheese (this is coming in handy!) and lots o' butter. Simmer and season. BAM!


The final product! Overall I would say this was a success. 

I'm hoping to get back to the cooking routine and have many more delish recipes to share!

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious! And yes, it's called "Caribbean Fish". Although you actually made up your own recipe, so call it whatever you want :)

    ReplyDelete