Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Aaaaaaaaaaand..I'm back! (For Now)

Yikes, I've been MIA an uncomfortably long time. Truth is, after my 2 week Eastern European vacation, I got back and was smacked in the face with getting back to reality. Catching up and keeping up with work, along with kickball, powder puff football (more on that later), printing all my jumping photos (you know that was priority #1), post-vacation chores, friends and everything else, I totally forgot to blog. SO not like me. So hopefully I'm back for a bit. We'll see.

Let's start off with the biggest news: my trip. It was awesome. That's all I'll say because I plan to have a few posts on it in the very near future. I just need to find some time between kickball and football.

Speaking of football, I joined the Blondes vs. Brunette's Powder Puff football team (I'm a 'Nette, obviously) to raise money for Alzheimer's.


This is no joking matter. It is required to wear cleats, as they had injuries last year. Some broken bones, some torn ACL's...I thought this was supposed to be easy!? I didn't want to chance anything, so Drew bought me some sweet new kicks.

I've yet to have someone close to me affected by this, and I hope to keep it that way. But for those living with it, or who have in the past, I know how difficult a time it is, so I'm trying to do my best to help, even if it's very little. Please feel free to donate! Any little bit helps. But for $20, you can watch my unathletic butt fall on my face on June 11th in front of hundreds of people. Small price to pay.

Hope this little teaser post can tide you over until next time, which is hopefully soon. I have so many stories to share about my trip, and entertaining posts about practices!

No comments:

Post a Comment