Thursday, May 26, 2011

Neighborly gifts

I'm sure by now you all know that I love my apartment. What's not to love? It's in an awesome location, allows me to take public transportation to work, and I have quiet neighbors who rarely bother me (aside from my 87 year old neighbor who hounds me about the weather every single time we cross paths) and Juan (who, I'm convinced, doesn't own a single shirt).

I share a wall with a group of younger kids. I would guess they are about 23-25, and there are 4 of them, give or take, depending on who is breaking up with who that week. Although it bothers me that they sit outside my window and smoke cigarettes, they always clean up and it's super fun to listen to their conversations. Recently, there was a tiff between 2 of the roommates who were assumingly dating. I sat by my window for about 20 minutes spying on their conversation, and was pleased to hear that the female in question knew her Constitutional Rights, because according to that, she was "allowed to have freedom of speech." Preach on, girl!

Besides the humor, they are also very sweet and give me gifts! (Which you know puts you at #1 in my eyes). In the past they've given me a nice pot for my aloe vera plant outside, some flowers they picked from our courtyard, a pot of flowers (which soon died, I have more like a black thumb), and most recently, they've been leaving little trinkets on my plant stand! I assume this all started because I put my gold "yoga frog" outside my door. I found this frog at a store in NYC, and it just made me laugh, and still does. I guess they thought I had a thing for frogs, because I've been getting about 1 a week recently...here's my stash:

Counting my yoga frog, there are now 4 frogs, and...a turtle. Random, I know.

Anyone else have some great neighbors?

No comments:

Post a Comment