Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Summertiiiiiiiiime

I know I'll probably jinx myself by saying this, but it's been eerily not-sweltering hot in Houston so far this summer. I know that it will get there soon enough, so for now I'll enjoy this "cool" weather as some locals like to call it (I don't consider 90 degrees with only 75% humidity cool, but...potato/potatoe). This may be because summer hadn't officially kicked off yet, but that changed this Memorial Day weekend.


Lake M is about a 2.5 hour ride from Houston, right before San Antonio and 45 minutes from Austin, so it's in the perfect location. 

We were invited to Lake McQueeny for the weekend, and I was excited to go, because I had never been, and I had heard a lot about it and these "Lodge-a-ritas" No one informed us of the side effects of these 'ritas, which includes "chillin' the most", being outright AWESOME, and crushing beer cans on your forehead and partially bleeding to death.

Proud to be awesome (thanks to some lodge-ritas)

 Aftermath of beer can crushing. The immediate photo is too goory for this blawg.



Among the activities of the weekend included beer pong, horseshoes, redneck frisbee, boating, hammocking, ping pong, and the weekend favorite: Yahtzee!

Drew loves Yahtzee (he played it for 5 hours after we got back). At least it's a healthy vice, right?

Hope everyone had a safe and fun Memorial Day weekend! Only 23 more working days until July 4th weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment