Anyhow, I will be visiting him in either city (oh yeah Tristan, by the way...) so I need some insight on which city he should choose! He has promised to select the city that is chosen by my readers, so you have a great opportunity in front of you! To help you decide, I've gathered some tidbits about both places.
London:
- London is the most densely populated area in Britain and is the ninth largest city in the world
- The London Eye or Millennium Wheel of the city is the tallest Ferris wheel in Europe (I will def be visiting this)
- There are more than 100 theaters in London. Moreover, about sixteen percent of the country’s restaurants and food joints are located in London (I love theatre! And I love to eat!)
- The London Underground, built in 1863, and popularly called ‘Tube’, is the first metro of the world (umm, I will obviously be all over this one. You know I love my public transportation!)
- In 2007, Warsaw was ranked as being the 67th world’s most expensive city to live in and was ranked as a minor world city (def cheaper than London)
- I am Polish. I think. (my dad always calls me a stubborn pollock?)
- The Warsaw Ghetto was the largest of the ghettos in Nazi-occupied Europe, located in the territory of General Government in occupied Poland during World War II (this would be fascinating history location to visit, and there is a lot of history in this area regarding this)
Votes and recommendations are welcome!




wow! 2 posts in a few days? what's the world coming to?
ReplyDeletemy vote is on Warsaw, so much more character. not to mention, people can say they saw war, but who can say they warsaw?
then again, London has the robot bartender.
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/world8217s-first-robotic-bartender-debuts-in-london-13898573.html
I have spent considerable time in Warsaw for work. I didn't really care for it. I grew up in London, I may be biased towards my preference for London. I also lived in Mississippi for 3 years. Warsaw makes any city in Mississippi look cosmopolitan. I felt more unsafe in Warsaw (as a colored person) compared to Mississippi. Just FYI.
ReplyDelete