Monday, April 26, 2010

"Everyone knows it's your birthday" - Papa Schwartz, circa 1988

This birthday is shaping up to be one for the books! In case you forgot (but how could you?) it started off with these epic Tuesday night shenanigans. And because that wasn't enough booze to kick start liver failure, it was followed by this Saturday's dia de drinking at West Alabama Icehouse for their annual charity crawfish boil. Highlight on the charity portion so I don't appear self-indulgent.

Actually, let's backtrack. The whole weekend was pretty amazing! I saw Frankie Vallie (this 85 year old act of mine will be countered shortly below) Friday night after an early dinner at Luby's, followed by a potluck party at my friend Arabella's. There's nothing like a good ol' fashioned house party to start the weekend off.

This photo was taken by the guy who wrote "Photography 101", which explains the fuzziness.

 
I brought "edgy brownies" which were made possible by my awesome new brownie pan!

Saturday morning I had plans to have a gals spa day. Gotta have cute toes before going to an outdoor, dirty crawfish festival! BUT! Before meeting up with the gals, I got awesome gift #2:


I saw this at International Festival last weekend, and like a 6 year old, was completely enthralled by the bubbles. SO, I got this AMAZING bubble machine! Because, who doesn't like bubbles? (for the record, apparently people at West Alabama Icehouse).

Bubbles in your face!

Anyways. The day was perfect. I'm talking not a cloud in the sky, perfect temperature, slight breeze, sunny kinda perfect. Going back to my 85 year old roots, I put on SPF 50, so I didn't actually get ANY color. Bleh.

And just when I thought the day couldn't get ANY better, a special present appeared! Did I mention I love presents? It is my birth-month, after all.

This kind of takes a lot of explaining, but the short version is that Stick Prez never responded to my awesome marketing proposal, and has been using MY (read: Robert's) ideas as his own on Facebook! Well, if that's the way you play Mr. Stick man, then I will make sure that everyone knows how much I now hate you. I mean at least respond back with a "Thanks but now that we have your super great ideas we are going to pass them off as our own and become multi-millionaires and you get none" or something! It's all I ask! Wonder if I should send him a link to this posting......

Back of the shirt. We gave Stick a face early on, and it used to be a cheery one. Since I'm now over Stick (kinda...let's be real with ourselves here) he now looks like a demon to me.

SO! That's birfday weekend in review. And it's not even until Tuesday! That means you all still have time to purchase my present and have them shipped to me. Lucky you!


No comments:

Post a Comment