Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Adventures in cooking!

I was really proud of myself yesterday....I did an early spin class (training for the MS 150, remember?), made an (edible) dinner, another snack and didn't ignite the fire alarm at all!

I had been wanting to try this recipe for quite some time. I follow this blog, Shut the Chef Up. A girl I know through Blondes versus Brunettes (powder puff football game benefiting Alzheimer's). As you can imagine from the blog's title, she is really sarcastic and witty so I enjoy reading it. Anyways, I have a few of the recipes and have only tried the crab "cakes"

More like crab "hash" but still good! (And anything is better with stuffed mushrooms, for reals)

So last night I decided to make the sage/Parmesan cheese/panko crusted pork. I love panko over breadcrumbs because apparently it's healthier but also because it's crunchier.

The ingredients! Yes, the super large bottle of wine is necessary.
Coated and ready to go in the pan
The finished product! And yeah, that's a brussell sprout chopped salad in the background.
WHAT UP!

After I was done with dinner and was still high-fiving myself because I didn't set off the fire alarm, I decided I was a master chef and decided to make my own kale chips. Basically you wash the kale, cut the stem off, season with a little olive oil (not too much) s&p and roast for 15 minutes then put some fleur de sal on it at the end. These were actually delicious!





Since I'm all up on my cooking high horse right now, who knows what tonight will bring?!




No comments:

Post a Comment