The nightstand in all its black/brown glory:
Thank you, Drew, for letting me take over your kitchen this weekend. (Like you really had a choice!)
After prime coat #1. It definitely used 2. Besides the foam roller on the left that you see (works best with this type of "wood"), I suggest purchasing a small foam brush to get into the edges and corners.
Nightstand #1 after the first coat of white paint.
How paint got on my hands I understand...
...how it got onto the BACK OF MY HEAD is another puzzle.
I distressed the edges a bit just to make it look a bit unique/antique. I like the way it turned out.
Final product!
I already like how it changes the look of my room! As Drew pointed out, I could have just purchased the white nightstands from IKEA for the same price as what I paid for the original nightstand and paint supplies...he clearly does not realize how much girls like DIY projects! I eyed my bookshelf and some hanging shelves as well...that might be another blog in the near future.
Looks awesome, Jess! I might put you to work when you're here next month... I would love to do this to our bar :)
ReplyDeleteThat can be done - it'll keep us out of trouble.
DeleteShould have called me before painting. I could have subed out the painting to my local contractor. She's good, fast, free, and likes to paint and weed wack. It's in her blood and makes her feel good to paint. Just don't stand still in the room while she is painting - you will get the same coating as the wall receives.
ReplyDelete